Join us for life changing experience
MWU has 5 Shlichim and Shlichot in USA, Philadelphia, New York, Washington DC, Baltimore, Fort Lauderdale and Houston, and one Shaliach in Mexico City. Maccabi Shlichut serves many purposes and has many responsibilities:
- Identifying TO's issues, problems and needs
- Setting local, regional or continental agendas, including projects for volunteer leadership, professionals, educators and activists, and coordinating activities in TO's for regional and continental cooperation
- Systematizing internal Confederation leadership meetings, especially to maintain existing projects, and advance new joint projects, and supporting organization of leaders' meetings
- Systematizing uptake of Education Dept.'s programs and concerns by professionals, leaders, subordinate shlichim, and activists
- Supporting efforts for Maccabi's top events, Maccabiot and Regional Maccabi Games
- Marketing & recruiting for annual MWU Israel Programs in the MASA frame
- Marketing & recruiting for short-term or special MWU Israel Programs
- Confederation connections & communications with the National Institutions, through their local representatives or directly with the centers in Israel, and with other organizations
- Organizing national, regional & international meetings on community topics
- Young leadership development through programs, seminars, workshops, lectures, etc.
The nature of the Shlichut and the role of the Shaliach depend on the place and community.
The Shlichut is a joint mission of Maccabi World Union and the Jewish Agency for Israel, and therefore the Shlichim must pass both the official selection process of the Jewish Agency and the process of the movement.
Meet our Maccabi Shlichim
Leeor WitlinMWU & Maccabi USA Central Shlicha
Leeor is 38 years old, married to Yohay, and defines herself as "A woman of informal education".
Adi RatzonBaltimore Zionist District Shlicha
Adi Ratzon was born in 1990 and grew up in Ramat Gan, Israel. Adi was part of the “Maccabi Tzair” Youth Movement throughout her childhood and she worked with kids and teens.
Guy SelaCentral Maccabi Shaliach the JCC Association
Guy Sela was born in South Africa and then moved to Israel with his family. Guy served as a commending officer in the paratroopers brigade in the IDF.
Ofir ShinhertzBBYO Central Shaliach
Ofir is the Maccabi World Union central Shaliach at BBYO, based in Washington DC, overseeing Israel engagement across the global movement.
Yuval AlonJcc Maccabi Shaliach to Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Yuval Alon - 27 years old, I grew up in the Maccabi Tzair movement in Gedera and you can say that my life is shaped by the path of life I went through in the movement.
Yotam "YOTO" SaridMaccabi Shaliach to CDI Mexico and Ha'Shomer
Yotam 'Yoto' Sarid, 28 years old. Born in Rehovot, Israel. From the age of 5 he lived in Gedera.