Tamar Program: Shnat Hachshara
- 10 Month Program
- The premier Spanish-language MASA framework program, designed to train madrichim to direct and lead social transformation in the Movement and their communities to Jewish-Zionist, Israel-centered values. Tamar is offered twice per year.
- The program consists of studying at the Institute for overseas mentors, the Marva program, and Volunteering with Magen David Adom and on a Kibbutz,
- The program is divided according to location origin.
- "Tamar North" opens in August and runs through June for Venezuela, Mexico, Colombia, Guatemala, USA (San Diego, Miami) & Spain participation;
- "Tamar South" opens in March and runs through November for Argentina, Chile, Brazil & Uruguay.
- Bekeff Hachshara is a modular program for youth interested in having a unique experience in Israel where participants can choose their program with great flexibility which is to do what you want to do and for what periods of time they wish.
- Participants have the option of Marva, Magen David Adom, Kibbutz, volunteering in Tel Aviv, Trips to Poland, University courses, trips, leadership training and more.
- The program offers two options per year:
- The summer (Kayitz) program begins in August is for Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia, San Diego, Guatemala, & Spain
- The winter (Choref) program begins in March and is for Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay & Chile.
information & registration for Bekeff Hachshara
Maccabi BBYO - Gap Year
Maccabi BBYO – Gap Year is a 5-10 month program for post-high school -students interested in having a unique Israel experience, coordinated and planned by Maccabi World Union.
In this program, each participant can design their own experience with activities ranging from sports, outdoor adventure, community service, Hebrew immersive learning, life on a Kibbutz, Holocaust educational in Poland, domestic Israel trips, Israel Defense Force connections, and more. If you're interested in the program, add your name to this list and we'll be in touch with you about the experience!
In addition to studying, participants will also have opportunities to volunteer with Magen David Adom (MDA) and the Marva (IDF), live on a Kibbutz, travel to Poland, live in Tel Aviv, attend Ulpan, develop their Jewish identity, experience another culture for the duration of time they take part in the program and enjoy the experience of a lifetime.
for more information: BBYO - MACCABI Gap Year, 2019
For further information and other program registration